RIVER CANAL RESCUE LIMITED (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.rivercanalrescue.co.uk, shop.rivercanalrescue.co.uk, www.KeyDiesels.co.uk & www.Canalcontracting.co.uk, www.bilgeaway.com ( ) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (), the data controller is River Canal Rescue Limited of Unit 10 Tilcon Avenue, Stafford, ST18 0YJ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, course or blogs, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, submit a testimonial, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, fax number and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, demographic information (such as where you heard about us) and photograph.
· With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. This may prevent you from gaining access to all or parts of our site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or post. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
· to notify you about changes to our service; and
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
FAILURE TO PAY
If you fail to pay us the whole of any amount owing to us (i.e. for the purchase of goods, or for the provision of services), and the period of 90 days has lapsed from the date the amount became due to us, we reserve the right to use any card details that we hold on your behalf to process any outstanding payments due to us (provided that you have not raised a dispute with us, for this amount). We also reserve the right to use your details, including without limitation, details of your boat on this website [INSERT LINK] and we shall not be liable to you for any loss of business, profit or any other associated costs relating to such exposure of your details on this website.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If River Canal Rescue Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our or and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of River Canal Rescue Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at .
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. Should you use these links to leave our site, please note that we do not have any control over those sites. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such third party sites and those sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before submitting any personal data to those sites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to Bilge Away, River Canal Rescue, Unit 11, Tilcon Avenue, Baswich, Stafford, ST18 0YJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding regarding you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address.